- Our R&D Coordinator Dr. Zafer GEMİCİ participated in “The 1st National Plastic Technologies Symposium- Plastics, Polymer Composites, Designing Technologies” as an invited speaker together with the numerous important names from the Plastic Sector and introduced our company.
MİR R&D Inc. has been represented by 4 different presentations that have been carried out by Duygu Gülfem Baydar, Begüm Baş, Tuğba Güven and Dilay Serttan during the symposium.
• D. Gülfem BAYDAR: Investigation of Tensile properties of Polypropylene (PP) powder-coated E-glass fibers (SANTEZ Project – PhD thesis with the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology)
• Tuğba GÜVEN: Investigation of the mechanical properties of the Recycled poly (ethylene terephthalate) (R-PET) -Polipropil (PP) blends
• Dilay SERTTAN: Pipe Extrusion Die Design with the Computational Fluid Dynamics
• A. Begum BAŞ : Investigation of the effect of curing retardants in vinyl ester resin systems on Curing Mechanism
Furthermore, Burçin ÖZBAY whose MSc thesis has been supported by our company (at the same time, she worked as our part-time assistant engineer for a short period), made a presentation on her MSc thesis (coordinated by Ahmet ÜNAL, advisor in our company and D. Gülfem BAYDAR who just presented a part of her studies as an extension of our SANTEZ project.
• Burçin ÖZBAY: Production of the Thermoplastic Composites by Filament Winding Method
Therefore, our company won an important recognition as a significant and vivid example of the university and industry cooperation.
- “Development of an Automatic Titration System to Determine Ca and Mg Macro Plant Nutrients in the Soil” project from Materials and Chemical Research Dept. of MİR ARGE has been accepted by TAGEM (General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Policies) with 100 % funding. In this project an automatic system will be developed by using the latest technology, and will have considerable superiorities such as ease of use, portable, labor and time saving. On the other hand this system will have better technical properties, more application areas and less cost comparing to the other automatic devices on the markets. Project has started since 15.07.2015 and has a duration of 24 months.
- This year, Turkey has included the first innovation development program Inovalig, with the cooperation of Exporters Assembly (TIM) and international management consulting firm Kearney's , Innova-League is a program implemented in 17 countries in Europe by A.T. Kearney. The innovation leaders are determined after a long term evaluation process in this program. This year “Turkey Exporters Assembly” organized the competition together with A.T. Kearney. This year, between the dates 4 to 6 December 2014 with the participation of 40,000 people, first leaders of “Innova-League” were announced. In this Turkey’s first innovation championship which included 470 companies in 5 different categories, Mir R & D, was the second in "Sources of Innovation" category, by leaving behind its giant rivals and got the price from President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.Mir’s Innovation and Technology Management proficiency in R & D once again registered, and Mir is among the companies that will represent our country in the European phase of the competition, European Championships.
- We introduced our company to participant at our stand at the JEC Europe 2012.
- We participated in a State Planning Organization workshop in Ankara.
- We participated in the Energy and Material and Chemistry Strategic Research workshop held on December 12-13, 2011.
- Mir Unique Solutions Coordinator, Zafer Gemici, answered questions about Mir R&D in the December issue of Dizayn İnfo.
- November 2011: Mir Unique Solutions R&D Expert, Aliihsan Koca, made a speech on "Competitive success through innovation" at the 7th Foreign Trade days at Afyon Kocatepe University.
- September 2011: Physics students from YTU, who was supported in their thesis studies by our organization, delivered one paper and three poster presentations at the International Physics Congress.
- September 2011: Our organization was presented as a success story at the "Innovation and Technology" workshop held by Istanbul Chamber of Industry.
- Aliihsan Koca, our R&D Expert, presented a paper on ‘Thermal Performance and Comfort Analysis of Novel Low Energy Radiant Heating Cooling Panels’ at the 10th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies held in July 2011.
- Our R&D Coordinator, Zafer Gemici, is an advisory board member at the Machine Engineering Department of Yıldız Technical University.
- We became an advisory board member at Yıldız Technical University Renewable Energy Center as of June 2011.
- We participated in the ACQUEAU Water Forum held in Belgium between June 13-15.
- May 2011: We opened a booth to promote our R&D projects at the Heating Panel held by Yıldız Technical University.
- April 2011: Mr. Zafer Gemici, our R&D Coordinator, made a speech during the R&D and Career days held at Sakarya University and introduced our "We Promote Brain Power versus Brain Migration" project.
- December 2010: We became a finalist among 261 applications with our Üre saati (Urea Time) project at the Technology Awards organized jointly by TUBITAK, TTGV and TUSIAD.
- December 2010: We introduced our projects in the innovation exhibition held during the 9th Industrial Congress.
- Our organization won the Grand Innovation Prize by becoming the winner in all categories at the innovation competition organized by the Istanbul Chamber of Industry in December 2009.
- İsminur Gökgöz, a student supported by our company in her thesis study, received Honorable Mention in the student projects category at the 2008 PAGEV Plastic Technology Awards.